Tuesday 28 May 2013

Zumba!

Yes I do zumba...
And I thought I'd give it a review because I've never seen one before, I thought it might be handy.


So the impression that zumba gives of on TV is all really fit looking people in cropped tops and tights shorts, flinging their hair around and looking pretty. As much as I love zumba, I'm afraid this doesn't happen at my zumba class. By the end of it we're all sweating like hell, and look...worn out, is the nicest way I can put it.
But I still do it anyway!
I've been doing zumba now for about 3 years (wow that's a long time). I started with my mum and it's held at my old school which is around the corner so it's very practical. Me and my mum wanted a way that we can keep fit but that isn't repetitive and boring. We'd tried belly dancing before but it was just too far away, much to my dismay.
So we started zumba and really got to liking it. It is obviously very tiring but miraculously you don't ache one bit in the morning. We carried on going, sometimes missing the odd week for various reasons but we always came back to carry on.
Zumba is so much fun! I actually spend my week looking forward to it. You learn dances from all over the place, sometimes using famous songs like Proud Mary and songs off Hairspray.  Our instructer is so lively and bubbly, always getting us to join in shouting with her, but not pushing us if we get too tired. 
My friends have also started joining me which is more fun because we have such a laugh doing the dances, and because I don't go to the same college as some of my High School friends, its a good social place to catch up!
I HIGHLY recommend zumba to anyone who wants to start something different but fun, it's also obviously great for exercise, toning and stamina wise.
Very enjoyable and zumba classes are popping up everywhere now a days so I'm sure you'd be able to find one near you.
Does anybody else do zumba? If so what do you think of it?

Thanks for reading,
Stay Happy,
Sarah


(New YouTube video too >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCokMmF-r7g )

No comments:

Post a Comment