Wednesday 22 May 2013

Nail Varnish

I have always hugely been into nails, and I just love it when my nails look pretty. I've kind of cooled down a bit now, but I went through a phase where I bought a few nail varnishes every couple of weeks and I guess that they've just built up after all this time. 

This is my nail varnish collection. It mostly consists of Barry M nail varnish because you will see later that Barry M is definitely my favourite. But there's also loads of random brands that I've been given too by friends and family.





Also you can see that I own lots of nail art pens. I got these for my birthday (36) and I think my mum got them off Ebay. I don't think they were overly expensive but you get a good choice of colours and lots of variety.






So I thought today I would show you some of my favourite nail varnishes, and brands and also why I like them and where I got them from. Out of my many nail varnishes I chose 9 that I absolutely adored.

So I'll go from left to right.
Firstly is of course a Barry M Varnish. This colour is called Teal 334 and it was £2.99 from Superdrug. You can also get any of these Barry M products from Boots and other stores like that. I love this colour because it's a bright shimmery blue, and under the lights it looks gorgeous. It's also iridescent which made me fall in love with it further. I think this is a very summery colour and it also looks great on toes.

The next one along is an Essie Nail Varnish. I think I was treated to this polish for my birthday, and we bought it from a nail salon where I had my nails done. This colour is Wild Thing by Essie and I'm not really sure how much they are so I researched it and found it would be Approx £5-£7. You can get Essie from any stores like Boots if they have an Essie counter and I recommend this colour. Its quite like a plum purple with a hint of pink. But I love this nail polish because there's little bits of silver glitter within the polish which makes it sparkle. This colour isn't in your face so much, so you could pretty much wear it with anything. It also dries quickly too which is a bonus!

The next nail varnish is my clear Barry M nail polish. I don't know where I'd be without this top and base coat. I'm quite impatient when I'm waiting for my nails to dry and usually end up smudging them but this Barry M is so quick drying that it usually solves my problem. It was also only £2.99 which is a bargain! Again you buy this nail varnish from anywhere that sells Barry M products but I recommend Boots or Superdrug.

The next varnish along is a Sally Hansen nail polish. I'm not quite sure how I came across this nail varnish, I think it was given to me by a relative but I fell in love with it immediately. It's the Insta-Dri varnish in the colour Teal-y-fast. The fact that it's got a great name should sell it to you but if not then you should know that it is definitely quick drying. I don't usually trust a quick drying varnish because most of them aren't but this one is so fast. You don't need loads of coats of it either to make it look thick which I think helps speed up the process. It's like a glittery, shimmery teal colour, which looks AMAZING under lights. I found it to be Approx £3.

Both of the red nail varnishes, the glittery one and the plain one, are both Sinful nail varnishes. I'd never heard of sinful before until I bought these at my local hairdressers. They came as a set with two others but these two colours work so well together. The glittery one is the colour Romp and the plain one is called Lust. On their own they are both great colours but together they look amazing. Romp is simply just clear varnish with red glitter in. It looks great but takes quite a few coats to make a real difference which could cause it to become too thick. Lust is also one of the best reds I've found to date because it's a bright red. With Romp over the top of Lust, it makes an amazing nail varnish, that's bright and glittery, perfect for Christmas but also summer too. I think they are approx £5 each.

The nail varnish in the middle is a W7 nail varnish. Again I can't remember how I stumbled across this varnish but it caught my attention because it was a matt polish. I absolutely love matt varnishes (forever looking for a black) and when I saw the colour of this I love it even more. It's simply just called 84 Matt Green and I love the colour. It's like a bright turquoise green that looks amazing on tanned skin. Great for summer and the texture is perfect. Approx £3.

The next varnish is another Barry M. This is called Silvery Lilac and it was £2.99 too. I loved this colour because it was iridescent and looked different when you looked at it from different angles. There are hints of purple, lilac and silver in there. It also has has tiny parts of silver glitter in it, making it sparkle under the light. This makes this varnish a fun colour to wear, and even though it isn't bright I think it's still a statement colour. I got this from Superdrug but they're also sold in shops like Boots etc.

The next varnish is also ANOTHER Barry M. This is one of the newest Barry M products, the Gelly Hi-shine Nail Paint. The colour of this one is Greenberry and it was £3.99. More expensive than usual but it's definitely worth it. I also got this from Superdrug. This has become my all time favourite nail polish right now. It was the perfect summer colour which is why I bought it, and because it's the Gelly varnish it gives off such a smooth and bubbly(?) texture that made it fun to wear and got lots of interest from my friends. Looks great in the sun and also on your toes. I highly recommend this nail varnish for a holiday or just for a bright change, it's SO worth it!

And finally the last varnish is of course a Barry M one. It's one of the special polishes that came out a little bit before Christmas I think. The colour is Yellow Topaz and it was £2.99. I also bought this from Superdrug, but it can be found in Boots etc. I've always wanted one of these top coats for my nails because I wanted it over the top of a colour. I mostly use black underneath this polish because I think the contrast between gold and black really stands out. The varnish is simply just clear polish with big gold bits of glitter in. But the parts of glitter aren't too big that they take over the whole nail and they aren't too small that you can't see them, they're the right size. This is a great nail varnish and I recommend this for maybe a more special occasion, like going for a meal etc.


So that is my collection of my favourite nail varnishes. I'm sorry if it's too long, when I start writing I can't seem to stop. I hope this helped you if you were planning on buying a new varnish, or hope it entertained you if you were just pondering. Anyways thanks for reading and let me know if you have any of these varnishes and what you think of them.

Stay happy, 
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment