Friday 24 May 2013

Hair!

Hey everyone!
So today I dyed my hair and I though I would share my experience with you and this is also a review for the Schwarzkopf Live Colour XXL hair dye.
Firstly I thought I'd tell you about the dye. It was £4.29 from Boots in Manchester and the colour I buy is 92 Pillar box Red. I dyed my hair red from a light brown a few months ago, and I loved it. The first time I did it was quite dark though so each time I've gotten a brighter shade. I started off with the brand Ferriar and did the two red shades in that brand. Then I changed to XXL which I used last time and also this time. I used this colour again because I was really happy with the results and the brightness of the colour.




To start I thought I'd show you what my hair looked like before I dyed it. This was my hair today, about six weeks after dying it the last time. The colour is semi-permanent so I didn't really expect anything different.

My roots were pretty bad but I'm quite tall so my theory was that no-one was really looking at the top of my head anyway :) I know now that it doesn't work like that.

The ends of my hair were also pretty bad, it looked like I'd dip-dyed my hair brunette with red at the top. So I needed to concentrate on them.


In the pack you get a pair of gloves, which usually have holes in (I recommend using your own, these plastic ones get on my nerves anyway), two packs of lovely smelling conditioner and the tube of colour.


So the instructions say to wash your hair lightly with shampoo but I just wet mine because I'd washed it the night before properly. I then put a towel round my shoulders (wearing old clothes) and got to work. The colour comes out the tube kind of like tomato puree, that's the best I can describe it. It doesn't smell bad either like some hair dyes that give me headaches, this one smells quite nice. 
I started with the roots of my hair and then did the middle, making sure I got the back. I also did my fringe at this point too. And then I concentrated on the ends. I think I put the most on the ends because last time I didn't put enough on. Then with the rest of the colour I just touched it up and made sure everywhere was covered. I rubbed the dye in, making sure it covered all my hair and I left the dye on for thirty minutes and then washed it off.

I rinsed it thoroughly first, and then shampooed it, with my Pantene Colour Protect shampoo and then rinsed that. I then lathered it in the packet of lovely smelling conditioner and left it for about two minutes and then rinsed it all. I then added my heat protect serum, blow dried it and then straightened my fringe. And this was the result!




From these pictures it doesn't look that bright, that's just because of my crappy lighting but it looks better in person. I'm really happy with out it's turned out because you can never tell with hair dye what's going to happen. I'm also chuffed with the XXL colour because it's the brightness I want it. My hair feels so soft from the conditioner and looks in good condition too which is a bonus. There was no problems with the dye, except the gloves and that I would probably buy another box too, because my hair is quite thick and longish. But other than that its a perfect price, perfect colour and it's easy to apply! Highly Recommneded by me!

Thanks for reading,
Stay Happy,
Sarah





P.s. These are some better pictures of the colour of my hair. I'm also modelling my new headband I bought today. If you want to know where it's from and how much it was, follow and keep posted because I will be posting a haul video, including this headband! It was a great buy so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment