Tuesday 3 February 2015

I GOT A TATTOO!

So it's been a while but quick update, I got a tattoo!
For anyone that knows me well knows that I've wanted a tattoo for ages but just not known what to get. At one point I wanted a dreamcatcher or something to do with travelling but I never put my mind to it. But I soon found a design that I fell in love with and they're called Mandala's. Wikipedia describes them as a spiritual and ritual symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism, representing the Universe and I do love that explanation. To be honest I just loved the designs but from doing research I've found loads of different meanings to them.
Here are some examples I looked at:






I absolutely fell in love with these designs. I think they're really pretty and I love the symmetry of them all. The last one was my favourite and I'd decided that I wanted it on my forearm. I wasn't sure how it would look though because I have super skinny arms so didn't know if it would look too thick or stupid but I tried anyways. 
I got my friend to draw up what I wanted, with elements from all the different pictures that I liked and this is what she came up with.


I absolutely fell in love with it straight away. She then proceeded to draw it on my arm so that I knew what it would like... in pen... that didn't come off for days.

Obviously it wasn't the perfect drawing but I decided that that was what I wanted to get. So my friend drew it up again and that was what I sent to the tattoo artist.
I went to Two Dogs in Earlstown because two of my friends had been there and highly recommended it. So I messaged them and asked when the earliest I could get an appointment for and luckily they fit me in about 10 days later on the 31st Jan. They said it would take 2 hours and cost me £100 which I thought was very reasonable for the detail going into it. So I agreed and asked them to redraw it properly, just without the thick line around the outside and then waited until it was time. 

On the day I was so nervous because I didn't know how I would react to getting a tattoo. They welcomed me with open arms and made me comfortable before they started. She transferred it onto my arm and then made sure I was fine with starting. I'm not going to lie but it did really hurt (I didn't cry) and obviously some lines hurt more than others, but it was so worth it. It did take just under two hours but the time flew by.


And she also put white ink in the middle dots so that they stood out more. 
She then wrapped it up and I didn't touch it for a few hours. 
I also made sure I had some cream for it as I had to clean it with warm soapy water and then out cream on it. We bought Bepanthen which is just for nappy care because it was recommended. 

So I cleaned it and then put the cream on but it wasn't too sore, just when I touched it. Didn't stop me going out either!

Here is a picture of me with a funny arm because I was trying to show it off. The dress is new from Boohoo (haul coming soon) and the boots are from New Look.

So this is the finished look
I love the detail of it so much and I've had nothing but compliments off my friends and family, even my grandparents who weren't too keen in me having a tattoo in the first place. 
I found this picture on Pinterest that describes what a Mandala means to me and I know that when I look down at it, it's what I'll see.
I think the first three are more relevant to me than the others but that's what I'll think everytime I look down at it. And it's also unbelievably pretty!

Hope you all like this post, never really seen one like this before so I thought it would be interesting. 
Also hope you guys love my tattoo as much as me because I'm hoping to get more in the future, addicted maybe?

Thanks for reading,
Stay Happy
Sarah
















2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tattoo! I've also thought of a dream catcher. I agree that it needs to be somethings personal and thought out. I don't know if I could stand two hours though. lol. Can't get past the pain part. x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful! Not just on the "outside" but also on the "inside" as well! I mean who knew it had so many meanings and benefits! :) Lovely post and blog! :D

    www.nolifelifelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete