Friday 13 February 2015

John Green Madness!!

Recently I got a gift card for WHSmith for £15 and its bad how excited I got that I could buy new books. I had loads to choose from but when I got there I saw that all John Green books were on offer as buy one get one free so I knew I had to get them. I also had a £5 off your next shop for there too so in the end I only paid £4 of my own money for all four of these books.
I'd wanted these books for ages and so now I finally have them to read.
The first one is An Abundance Of Katherines and this is the blurb:
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight Judge Judy - loving best friend riding shotgun - but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl.
I think this book will be interesting because I've never heard anything like this before and I think it's a different story. Also it's written from a guys point of view which is different to my usual reading genre.

Next is Looking For Alaska:
“In the dark beside me, she smelled of sweat and sunshine and vanilla and on that thin-mooned night I could see little more than her silhouette, but even in the dark, I could see her eyes – fierce emeralds. And not just beautiful, but hot too.”
BEFORE. Miles Halter’s whole life has been one big non-event until he starts at anything-but-boring Culver Creek Boarding School and meets Alaska Young. Gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, screwed up and utterly fascinating she pulls Miles into her world, launches him into a new life, and steals his heart. But when tragedy strikes, and Miles comes face-to-face with death he discovers the value of living and loving unconditionally.
AFTER: Nothing will ever be the same.
I think the fact that it says 'when tragedy strikes' makes me want to read this book because I want to know what happens. A good sign of a cliffhanger. 
Next is Will Grayson, Will Grayson:
One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, Will Grayson crosses paths with . . . Will Grayson. Two guys with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, and culminating in epic turns-of-heart and the most fabulous musical ever to grace the high-school stage.
I think this is one of the books I'm most excited for. I'm not sure why but I just think it's a good idea for a story and can't wait to read it.
And lastly is Paper Towns:
Quentin Jacobsen has always loved Margo Roth Spiegelman, for Margo (and her adventures) are the stuff of legend at their high school. So when she one day climbs through his window and summons him on an all-night road trip of revenge he cannot help but follow.
But the next day Margo doesn't come to school and a week later she is still missing. Q soon learns that there are clues in her disappearance . . . and they are for him. But as he gets deeper into the mystery - culminating in another awesome road trip across America - he becomes less sure of who and what he is looking for.
The reason I got this one was because I knew that they were turning it into a film with Cara Delevigne and Nat Wolff and I'm so excited for the film so I wanted to read the book first. I've started reading this and I'm really enjoying it already.


I'm really excited to get through all of these books because I loved the Fault In Our Stars and I love John Green's writing style. 
Let me know if you've read any of his books but obviously don't tell me any spoilers because I haven't read them yet!!

Stay Happy
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment