Tuesday 13 January 2015

Yummy Smoothies!

So part of my new years resolutions this year was to eat healthier and I thought a good change to my diet would be smoothies instead of snacking on crisps and biscuits instead. 
So me and a flatmate scoured through the January sales to find a blender we could use at university. We found this one just for £14.99, the Duronic BL3. It comes with the body that doesn't need cleaning every time you use it , and two cups.
So I thought I would give an example of a smoothie I've been making a lot recently.
Firstly what you'll need is:

Yeo Valley Natural Yoghurt

Small punnet of strawberries

Mango chunks

Frozen raspberries (they're cheaper)

1 banana
and some milk and ice.

This is the body

I poured about half of the tub of yoghurt in the bottom of one of the cups.

I then cut my banana into pieces and cut my strawberries into halves and put them in the cup.

Then I added a few chunks of mango.

And a handful of frozen raspberries.

Then I added some milk to make it thinner.

And some ice.

Then I put the lid on the cup with the blades on and secured it tightly.

You then twist the bottle into the base and hold it whilst it starts to blend. You can then decide whether you want it thicker or thinner and keep blending until it's all done.


And there you have a finished healthy smoothie.
These taste so good and because you make it yourself it's easy to swap and change any of the ingredients to suit yourself. I'm really excited to try loads of different tastes and smoothies.

Hope you enjoy, hopefully I'll post more like this in the future.

Stay Happy
Sarah



No comments:

Post a Comment