Monday 23 June 2014

My Mad Anxiety Diary

I wanted to make this series because I want my blog to be somewhere I can write about what happens in my life. Even the bad bits that I don't tell anyone else. 
If you didn't know already I do suffer from anxiety but I don't think a lot of people know that about me. My family and closest friends do but I don't go around telling people, I usually try my best to hide it as I don't want people to think I'm being stupid or attention seeking so I deal with it myself. And this isn't me 'bragging' about my anxiety to get attention, I just want this blog to be a place that I can show how I'm feeling about my anxiety and hopefully help other people that suffer through it too. I have had CBT to help my anxiety and I want to show people how I deal with it, hopefully to help them deal with theirs. 
Anxiety isn't a nice thing to have but I've learnt that you can't let it stop you from doing things in your life and you can do anything if you can learn to deal with it properly. 
I won't go into my anxiety properly in this post but I usually feel anxious about being sick, mostly in public. It's a strange anxiety but I still feel panicky about it a lot of the time. 
Anyways I wanted to start this diary today because tomorrow I go on my first holiday abroad without my parents. I know you're probably thinking for someone who doesn't drink and gets anxious in nightclubs, why is she going to Zante? But I just didn't want to miss out on anything because of my anxiety so I booked a ticket. 
I wanted my blog to be somewhere I can post my worries whilst I'm away and how I deal with them because I think it's better to be able to write about it and get it off my chest. 
So here is the first post of My Mad Anxiety Diary and hopefully I'll be able to write how each day goes. In the future I also want to be able to show people how I've been taught to deal with my anxiety so that I can help others who are in my situation and suffer from anxiety. 
I just know that you can't let it control your life. You only get one of them and everyday is important to live so if you feel like it does control your life, go and get some help because it's helped me a lot this year. 
So thanks for reading and if you do know anyone that suffers from anxiety be sure to let them know about this new series I'm doing and it might help them. Or if you do suffer from anxiety yourselves give them a read too. 
Stay happy!
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment