Monday 5 May 2014

Week 3: Brights VS Neutrals

Welcome to the 3rd week of the #BloggersDoItBetter Challenge! This week's topic is Bloggers do Bright and Neutral better, and I'll have to be honest I panicked a lot at this because I had no idea to write about. I don't really think of things as bright or neutral but now I've thought about it I have things that are similar but in different colours. So this week is going to be Bright VS Neutral with some of my things.

The first one is lipsticks. This was difficult for me because I really LOVE a bright lip, I think it makes the whole look come together. I also usually wear monochrome clothes so a bright lip adds a great pop of colour to an outfit. So it was hard to choose between my favourite bright lip but at the minute it's the Maybelline Color Sensational in the colour Shocking Coral. 

It's such an amazing colour and I'm never usually into pinks but this is more of a coral colour so I thought I'd give it a go. It's also really pigmented, the swatch is only one stripe of the lipstick and it stays on for ages (it's actually really hard to get off!)
So the VS Neutral product is also a Maybelline Colorsensational Popstick in the colour Tropical Pink. The colours look really similar but this one is actually see through when you look at it. I go on about this lipstick so much but it's because it's more of a tint than anything else which is why I think it's more neutral than the one above.



As you can see from this swatch it's barely even there but it leaves a really nice hint of pink on your lips. I wear this a lot more casually rather than on a night out but it does last ages.


The next item is heels. I've only really recently become slightly obsessed with heels but it wasn't too difficult to find a bright and a neutral.

These bright red shoes are probably my favourite heels ever. They weren't expensive at all and the colour is so stunning. They're also the comfiest heels I've ever had because the platform is so big that your foot isn't actually bent that much. These also match most of the monochrome clothes that I wear on a night out.


And then I found these heels tucked away in my wardrobe. I think I got given these as a hand me down but they're originally from Miss Selfridge. Even though it doesn't look it, these are pretty tall but they're still really comfy. They're a lovely nude colour with cute little bows on the front.


The last thing I found were these swing tops. For the bright one I used a top that I've bought recently from Select. It was only £6 and the material is a really thin top in mint green. I'm completely obsessed with this colour for spring and this is probably one of the brightest pieces of clothing that I own. I'm so pleased with this purchase.

And compared to this I found a similar style top but this one is black velvet instead. I've worn this top so many times because it's so easy to pair with everything and it's easy to wear casually or on a night out. It was so inexpensive and worth the price for all the times I've worn it and it's become a staple piece in my wardrobe.


So those are my Bright VS Neutral products. I've realised that you will always need the neutrals in your wardrobe to match all the bright things you buy and vice versa. I can't wait to have more bright pieces of clothes though for spring and summer because I feel I don't have enough. I'll have to venture out to orange, pink and maybe even yellow!

Do you prefer brights or neutrals?

Thanks for reading,
Stay Happy
Sarah





4 comments:

  1. I love the things you chose - especially the red shoes and the mint green top! I'm a complete mixture, though I'm venturing more into bright clothes and makeup recently - I love wearing bright lipstick in pretty much any colour (I've been especially liking blue toned lips recently, like blue toned pinks, purples, and just blue :P)

    ~Becca // rjtmisti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet :) yeah I really need to invest in brighter clothes! That's awesome, never really tried many of them before haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bright colours, they make me happy. I normally keep my clothing pretty neutral and add some bold accesory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know much about lipstick since I never wear it myself... but I have to say I love LOVE both pairs of heels!!! Especially the neutral pair look gorgeous with their little bows and everything <333 I like tank tops too :D

    Check out my post about the same topic: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/love-notd.html

    ReplyDelete