Monday 19 May 2014

Spring and Summer Trends!

This is Week 4 of the #bloggersdoitbetter Challenge and the topic is Trends. So I decided to make a wishlist/how to wear about 3 of this Spring and Summer's hottest trends.

The first trend is Metallic/Holographic

I think a hint of metallic in an outfit makes a lot of different but I also think it's important not to over do it by wearing bold colours or lots of metallic together.


1. These are the Abbie Multi-Buckle and Strap Chunky Flats from Boohoo. I am absolutely in love with these kinds of chunky flats or heels. I think they look perfect with boyfriend jeans or a dress and this holographic design makes them the perfect staple piece in an outfit. These are a steal at £25.

2. This clutch is the Ciara Metallic Envelope Clutch Bag also from Boohoo. I think wearing this with a LBD and a pair of plain shoes would look perfect. It also has a wrist strap so you don't drop it on a night out! This is sold at just £12.

3. This necklace is the Geo Cut Out Triangle Collar from Miss Selfridge. I think this has a futuristic feel to it and fits in perfectly with this trend. It's definitely a statement piece that can bring a whole outfit together. This was only £10.

4. This skirt is the Ekata Hologram A-Line Skirt from Miss Guided. I love this cute little skirt and I think it matches really well to the block black top. It's definitely something to make heads turn and would look great under the lights on a night out! This is being sold at £24.99.

5. This dress is the Oyster Link Metallic Oversized Dress by Rare at Topshop. I think this also fits in with the pastel trend because it's a really cute pale pink colour. This is a really girly dress and I think it'll look great with a pair of strappy heels for spring/summer. This is £36.

6. And lastly these shoes are the Melisa Holographic Platform Heels from Miss Guided. I think these are the most subtle holographic from this trend and if you're a little unsure about this trend then I think these would be perfect to try them out and see if you like how they look. I think these could look good with anything because they're a really simple cut and colour. These are only £32.99.

The next trend is Pretty Pastels

I absolutely adore this trend with the ice cream colours and simple cuts.

1. This is the Luiza Pastel Dogtooth Metal Belt Playsuit from Boohoo. I've fallen in love with the dogtooth print and this pretty pastel purple colour is stunning. Perfect for the Spring and Summer sun. I also love the scallopped detail on the shorts and the belt that accentuates your waist. This is only £25.

2. This watch is the Casio Ladies Wristwatch from American Apparel. I love the pale mint colour of the strap and the simpleness of the clock face. I think it'll look really good with summer with a tan. This is a more expensive piece of £55.

3. These are the Juju Maxi Low Pale Pink Jelly Shoes from Office. I love Jelly Shoes so much and I think these will be so cute in summer to wear with a swing dress or cute cami top. You can also get them in other pastel colours too! These are only £20.

4. This bag is the Mint Green Raised Flower Clutch from New Look. I think this bag is really pretty and I really like the daisy detail on it. Looks very Spring and looks like you can fit quite a lot in. This bag is only £12.99.

5. This jumper is the Flafica Eyelash Knit Long Sleeve Cropped Jumper from Miss Guided. If it's still quite chilly wherever you're from. like it is in England, then I think this jumper is perfect for that kind of weather. It's cropped so you could wear it with high waisted jeans or tuck it into a cute skater skirt. This is being sold at £19.99.

6. These polishes are the Model's Own Fruit Pastel Nail Polishes. These are so cute and I've always loved the Model's Own bottles but these are even better because they're scented. Each bottle has a different scent that corresponds to the colour/name of each varnish. These are super cute and the perfect pastel colours. And they are only £4 each from Boots.

And the last trend is Bright Holiday

I love all the bright clothes that are on trend right now and can't wait to wear some of these brights in summer.

1. This is the Blake Floral Strappy Skater Dress from Boohoo. I think the print on this is stunning and really summery. The cut at the neckline is also really different and interesting but shows off your shoulders really well. This is being sold at £25.

2. These are the Fluro Yellow Retro Sunglasses from River Island. I love these neon yellow sunglasses because with a tan I think these will look amazing. These are also only £10!

3. This is the Vantia Tropical Print Chiffon Kimono from Miss Guided. I've wanted a kimono for so long because I think it makes a good light jacket for spring and summer without being too bulky but it's still something to wear over a top. I love the print on this and the tassels that fall down the bottom. This is £24.99.

4. This is the Harmony Multi- Coloured Neon Visor Necklace from Prettylittlething.com. I love the mix of colours in this necklace and I think it would definitely be a staple piece to an outfit and it'll look amazing in the sun. This is only £10.

5. This is the Lily Ribbon Detail Skater Dress from Boohoo. I absolutely adore this bright yellow colour at the minute and I think it'll be really big in summer. This dress is so pretty and demure so it would be perfect for a garden or family party. This is also only £25.

6. Lastly this is the Charade Neon Orange Patent Envelope Clutch Bag from Miss Guided. I think this would look good with a black or white dress and even orange shoes to add another extra pop of colour. I think this really stands out as it's neon. And you can buy it for £19.99.

So these are some of my favourite SS14 trends and I can't wait to see more of them develop through the year! 
Which is your favourite trend and which is your favourite piece? Comment Below!!

Thanks for reading,
Stay Happy!
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I'm also lusting over a kimono, I think I could get a lot of use of it. I find it's the perfect way to dress a simple outfit up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the perfect light jacket!

      Delete
  2. Nice job here! I haven't seen the metallica trend as much but those shoes would be worth it any day. Pastels are awesome. I have been lusting over Models Own nail polishes for a while and really need to get myself some. As well as that, the pastel watch looks really cute. Bright goes on my nails usually. Like, neons!

    Check out my post about the same topic: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/05/bookish-trends-and-not-trends.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shoes so much! Yeah I'm the same :)

      Delete