Saturday 10 May 2014

April Favourites!

So today I woke up with every intention to film my favourites video today but I guess my body had other plans. I've got a horrible cold and my voice was sore and I looked all washed out so I decided to write a blog post from my bed instead. 

So to kick off my favourites is this skincare product.

This is the Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub and I've been using this so much recently that I've ran out. I have dry skin around my nose and this has been a god send for me, it works really well, and yeah it doesn't smell the best (abit artificial) but for me I don't really mind. I'll definitely be getting more of this this month.

Next is a hair product.

This is the Tresemme Instant Fresh Dry Shampoo.   I got this from my first ever Glossybox and I was pleasantly surprised. And I hate to admit it but I've used this a lot this month. It's been an extremely busy month and sometimes I haven't had time to even wash my hair but this is my saviour. I've used some pretty bad dry shampoos over my time but this one is great. It does get rid of grease whilst I'm in college, it smells nice and this bottle is small and so it fits nicely in handbags.

The next thing is another hair product,

This is the Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. The flakes in the hair around my face was starting to look too noticeable and even after I'd tried Head and Shoulders it still wasn't getting any better and I found it hard to go out without a hat on. So I researched into this and couldn't find a bad thing about it. So I bought it and I still can't find anything wrong with it! I know some people don't like the smell of ginger and I thought I wouldn't like it but it's not over powering and your hair doesn't smell like ginger the next day either. I cannot recommend this enough if you have a flaky scalp!

My next product is a lip product.

This is the Rimmel London Color Rush Balm in the colour Keep Mauving. This was new this month because I wanted a change in colour and even though this looks quite brown it actually isn't.
It's actually a really nice pink colour but it's not very bright. It's so hydrating and the colour stays on my lips all day. I'm really impressed with this and I really want some more in different colours.
(They also smell like Mini Eggs!!)

My next thing is a BB cream.

This is the Rimmel London BB Cream Matte in Light. I've been wearing this a lot this month because I couldn't really be bothered with my foundation. This is apparently much better for your skin and I've had less breakouts because it's so light. The problem is that because I haven't seen the sun for a while here this colour is a bit too dark for me, even though it's Light. So if you have really pale skin I wouldn't suggest this because there isn't much choice in different shades.

My next is an eyeshadow.

This is the L'Oreal Paris Color Appeal Platinum in Raw Copper. I've only recently started wearing this colour and now it's my go to colour. I think I've been wearing it more because I think it looks amazing on green eyes and I think it matches the colour of my tips pretty well. I don't know if they still sell this product/colour so I've just linked whatever I can find.

My next thing is a nail polish.


This is the Revlon Top Speed Nail Varnish in Cloud. I think I got this in a set for Christmas which is why I can't find it in Boots or Superdrug. But this is a really pretty blue/grey and I think it suits the pastel trend at the moment so I've been wearing it a lot of my nails this month.

And lastly is a highlighter.

This is the Mememe Beat the Blues Highlighter in Pearl Pink that I got from my Glossybox. I'd had my eye on this for ages and I'm so happy that I got it in my box! It glides on so easily and it's such a lovely shimmer. The perfect liquid highlighter for me!

And they're all my April Favourites! What are some of yours?
Thanks for reading,
Stay Happy!

Sarah










No comments:

Post a Comment